Updated JUNE 8th/2021
2021. HELP US HELP CANADIANS!
Sorry good friends, this darn covid19 may be much longer than any of us want.
Next Wave may be after kids are in schools September to October?
New Rules for Couples Resort Guests:
WE are CONTINUING TO BE OPEN as an ESSENTIAL SERVICE. Hotel + Takeout (Luxury Hotel + Gourmet Takeout Room Service).
WE have been open and will continue to be open under State-of-Emergency: Stay-at-Home-Orders!
HELP US HELP CANADIANS!
2 Years ago, in 2019, our Company, Couples Resort Inc., we gave through collected/direct taxation over $260,000 to Ontario Ministry of Health and over $130,000 to Ontario Ministry of Education which also helps train Health Care Workers. Over 10 years; to Provincial and Federal Government $13Million in Taxes, and to our Municipality $1Million in Taxes, that is a lot of Help to Canadians!
The Feds, for Covid19, have helped in 2 ways:
1) Provided our Skeleton Team Staff with Wage Subsidies from Mid March to end of May.
2) Provided the business with a 100% repayable Loan.
STAY WITH US and HELP US HELP OUR CANADIAN HEROS!! One of our Young Staff is now working at an old age home, and another is helping her mom with the family so the mom can be in another old age home, God Bless!
Compare that to where it is known that personal rentals such as Airbnb and Cottage Rentals and VRBOs etc and Amazon contribute almost No taxes to Canadians.
Please, sometimes, stay and buy where you can contribute, if you can!
THIS YEAR 2021
This Allows us to provide 3 things with 100% Certainty #1 and #2 and #3.
(#1,#2,#3 Still OPERATE in State-of-Emergency: Stay-at-Home-Orders! )
Be Prepared that the Government may shut down #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 with less than 1 months notice and we will adhere to our Deposit Policy.
1) 5 Course Gourmet Room Service TakeOut for All Meals, FREE Dinner and Breakfast Included.(Lunch: Extra Fee).
2) Accommodation with OutDoor Private Hot Tub and In-Door Whirlpool Bath Tub.
3) Fireplace in accommodation with Free FireWood.
OPEN NOW: (Lake Temp is 22'C, quite swimmable)
4) Registered Massage Therapist as a Health Care Professional is allowed to take Clients
5) FREE Hiking Algonquin Park, FREE Passes to Trails at Sports Center
6) FREE Sports ( Tennis, Pickleball, BasketBall, Badminton, Mountain Bikes, Canoes, Kayaks, Paddle Boards, 8hpr Motor Boats 90 minutes)
CURRENT PLANNED OPENINGs:
7) JUNE Monday 14th: HORSE BACK RIDING
8) JUNE Saturday 19th: LAKESIDE PATIO for Drinks and Lunch
9) JUNE Saturday 26th: NEW SWIMMING POOL, LAKESIDE HEATED
Very Slight chance we will miss this deadline, we are building a New Pool and target currently looks good!
NOTE: No Discounts for guests if we miss this target date.
10) JULY Monday 5th: SPA Aestheticians
CDC Answers the following question - Can the COVID-19 virus spread through pools and hot tubs?There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.
TIP: Look for EXTRA Nights, For Extra Big Discounts and sometimes FREE!!!
FINE PRINT: Plus $20/night parking and Plus 13% Tax (No change from before)
1) We will open our New Open Kitchen, Eat-In-Dining Room probably in OCTOBER, and it will come with an extra fee of $100 to $200 per person. Gourmet Dining will be Haute Cusine and be fixed 7 to 10 courses! It will be Spectacular Celabratory Feasting!
Good thing we are Experts at Plated Gourmet RoomService as we have been doing that for decades, Enjoy our RoomService Now!
2) Tennis, Badminton, Basketball and PickleBall Courts Could be shut down for a short period sometime in 2021 for refinishing work!
ALSO the 200 km of Road Bike lanes, on the sides of Hwy 60, are open from Whitney to Huntsville and Return.
There are over 200 km of various Nature Trails and loops in Algonquin for Hiking and Walking.
Our Galeairy Lake is 11km long with a beautiful Waterfall and 95% without Cottages as it is mostly in Algonquin Park.
Mountain Biking on the Abandoned Railway Trail, along the Gorgeous Madawaska River, 50 km in and back.